Monday, December 27, 2004

Ionosphere

In the village the night before the last I lay down in my bed and knocked on the doors to the subconscious. I came into this futuristic mid-air cruise Zeppelin hundreds of kilometres above sea level. The rooms were bloody big and posh, the kids were playing around but the strangest thing I saw was the sky. From right below to around ten degrees below eye level was the daytime stratosphere sky, clear blue with white clouds below. above ten degrees above eye level was that of evening sky, of a darker shade. Between these two zones was a region occupied oddly by a solid purple band. Right above was another gap, this time in the shape of a decagon, that made a deep dark hole in the sky, leading off to space.

Everything else that happened during the past week had been dampeners to our spirit after the exodus from Yunnan. Just the third day I came back to Fuqing I fell sick; didn't get any better until yesterday. The road trips seemed to be the best parts.

I miss my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment