Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School Has Started

Enough of this denial. As I did not join Orientation last week, this week is quite dreary. I know the people and I do run into them, but they are few and far between.
Anyway,

GEK1517 Mathematical Thinking
Lectures this semester are twice weekly, 1800 to 2000 hours. The lecturer and tutor is the idealistically-inclined Assoc. Prof. Leung. The beautiful poetry he weaves into Mathematics is only offset by his epic accent. The simple childlikeness of his lectures is only offset by the tutorial and past-year questions. I know now why they said this was a tough one, but it is so far very enjoyable.

Prof. Leung also conjectured that, in the film Inception, Dom Cobb fell from limbo into the next level, which is actually the real world itself. Dream layers and reality thus form a closed loop. A loopy proposition!

MA1505 Mathematics I
PC1431 Physics IE
Pre-allocated modules.
Maths I started very quickly, and covered functions as soon as briefing and the IVLE stuff are done with. Lecturer: Prof. Tan Ban Pin.

Physics IE had a bad start. Lecturer went on and on teaching what Physics is and why Physics is so important. Stuff like test timings, teaching cirriculum were pushed to the last few seconds. Lecturer: he didn't introduce himself.

CM1417 Fundamentals of Chemistry
I am taking this module as a punishment for being so stupid in J1 that I decided not to take H2 Chemistry.
I now have a different PC1431 lecture timing than the rest of my course, and also a different MA1505 tutorial slot because of this module. (Though how different it will turn out, I have yet to see.)

WP2201I Messing with Nature: Unintended Consequences
I am taking this module in lieu of EG1413 Critical Thinking and Writing, because it seems more interesting.

Actually I wanted WP2201G very much more. WP2201G concerns Language and Migration. Issues of language use and migration are to me what SNSD group member names are to many guys. So if I take it, life would be a breeze. Too bad it clashes with Maths, Physics and Chemistry all at once.

Lessons start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment