Friday, November 05, 2010

Freshman Journal 1.1.12

Maths
Maths tutorial this week has disappeared. I don't know if the venue had shifted without warning, but when I arrived there 15 minutes late, there wasn't a class in E1-06-03.
Lecturer went into an exam-question-crunch frenzy, which for all his virutosity is totally useless for revising concepts.
I am into Stokes' Theorem at the moment, partly to distract myself from the existential horror of never being able to get a girlfriend, and partly because it is awesome.
What secrets doest thou hide? O impenetrable formula!

Physics
Completed the Mastering Physics questions. Considering to finish the non-compulsory questions on the site along with those in the tutorials, but I hate doing stuff on the computer.
I realise that our Physics tutor (Ms. Qiu Leiju) is one of the best tutors I've had for the semester.
Syllabus sped in and out of Thermodynamics for the past weeks. The flame of physics was rekindled in me at the point when it went to the Second Law. Holding that disorderliness is ever-increasing and that all energy is eventually useless, this law is a sobering reminder of the mortality of humankind. Who knew that such a profound result could arise from the obscure fumblings of some 19th-century nerds?

Writing
The last lessons were concluded with 2 sessions of final presentations, a group photograph, and some wicked delicious cookies baked for us by our tutor, Mr Griner.

Chemistry
The whole syllabus of CM1417 is so random and counterintuitive that I find it quite unsettling that I will have to face the same sort of courses for all my subsequent semesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment