Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The QMP Team

My very own Finlandbike

Alexander left the team at Aalto Applied Physics for home in Cuba, two weeks after I arrived. They sent him off with an ashtray designed by the great Alvar Aalto himself. They concluded that Aalto made a lot of trashy designs, and then they lol'ed. I gave him a cigarette holder which was the parting gift from a Romanian painter who shared my dorm in the hostel, because I did not smoke.

Before I left for home in August, Mari baked me a pie, which we all shared. The teammates gave me an Angry Birds Space plushie. I was moved to figurative tears.

A Chinese dude joined the team after I left. He bought for himself the same bike that I had sold back to Greenbike. I wonder how much the Greenbike dude had marked up the price when he sold it to him. I wish I heard from the team more often.