Thursday, March 16, 2023

What I am giving up on this Lent

Creamer

I am giving up putting creamer in coffee. If I am feeling fancy in Lent, might add some milk instead.

This is a pretty minimal penance, and I am sure I can kick Lent up a notch with a clear conscience.

Port Wine

I buy a bottle of Port every year. I bring it to a group of friends in a traditional annual party. I bring the Port, someone else brings the cheese, someone else provides the venue.

I bought Port in Incheon in 2021. It is 2023, and no one wants the party anymore.

Matt has heard my private backstory behind Port parties (this was in 2022, at a separate party where I brought the myrtle liquor from Croatia). He said I should shed the old baggage. I have decided to heed his advice, therefore for Lent 2023 I am drinking the whole bottle on my own. I have another bottle of Khvanchkala red wine on the rack; if the party happens it would be that one instead of Port, and it will no longer be annual.

Bus Drivers

I am resolving to greet every bus driver I meet. I just think it is a nice thing to do

No comments:

Post a Comment