Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blogging from Kanchanaburi

Day 3: It's my third day today in Kanchanaburi province. Since I had fallen asleep throughout the coach ride here from Don Muang airport, there is almost no sense of place. Only the looming hills and the anal weather made the landscape any more distinctive than what we have usually.

There is an internet cafe in the Sai Yok Camp canteen. Internet connection here is slow-ish. I play minesweeper when stuff are loading.

Day 6: I have gone out a while ago and seen Thailand. It would have been wonderful, if the weather wasn't so anal. The mountains here are funnily shaped and a funny smell hangs in the air at some spots. Dogs are all over the place.

Ok, no more updating for a long time, till I come back to Singapore, I think.

Day 14:
Ok I'm sorry I just can't resist an update and stuff.

Back from a 7-day field excursion. Can't remember much except foodwise, and doesn't feel like writing about it anyway. Also, I have a cold thanks to the retarded weather. While calling back, had some updates on the outside world. Mom did not divulge anything much about this other than natural disasters.

Saturday was the real Mid-Autumn Festival, two weeks after the celebrations in school. The full moon and mosquitoes kept me awake all night, and there was no peace.