Saturday, September 19, 2009

On the people who still came back

I was there for Mid Autumn Festival from circa 1745 to 2000 hours; not too long. I met some of the people, and failed to meet the others. You must forgive me, I was dragged off to dinner halfaways.

Not caring much about performances, rituals and suchlike, I scuttered around the plaza, sifted through the crowd only to pick up familiar faces. An estimated 5% of the 2006 cohort returned this year, pretty neatly corresponding to those I wanted to see the most. These included Victor Goh's clique, the S70 guys, the S6B guys, The Wushu people, Zhang Hao and DesChun. To my added delight, for this year's MAF the art room was unlocked too. The gallery had new stuff and I got to see them all.

The best thing about these aforementioned is that they behaved like real people, not abstractions of a life in the distant future. With them you could reflect upon your own lives till high hours and feel good about; these small, claustrophobic lives that only we know and have come perversely to love.

---------------------
Dinner was with Mingyang and sister at Adam Road Hawker Centre. After that we walked the fella home to his mansion. On the way there, I ran into Timothy Hwang.

---------------------
Bought a book today at Vivo:
«从汉字到汉字系文字-汉字文化圈文字研究»
This is just my kind of stuff! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment