Sunday, October 12, 2008

Confirmation

2 more weeks to Confirmation, and feeling unready. Firstly I haven't been thinking much about it, being more fretful about other stuff i.e. criteria for me to receive the Red one in November, and secondly, because I haven't been all that good. Helen (my Saturday school teacher not the chapess from HCI) said that if one is baptised, one should get confirmed pretty quick by the age of reason, in a state of grace, among other things. Am I in a state of grace?

My confirmation name is Stefan. It's been Stefan from the first time I thought about it. Might it be that the image of Saint Stephen's martyrdom before the stonechucking crowd for his outspoken beliefs is a powerful image in my subconscious? Or would it be the visit to the beautifully-decorated Saint Stephen's Basilica in Budapest that inspired me to choose the name?

On October 26 I'll be called Andy Stefan Paul Chen
Please let it be a name that I can live up to.

Oh and I've finally cleared my SOC; please excuse this brief moment of conceit:
I did it in 8 minutes and 24.16 seconds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment