Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hell hath no fury like justice unleashed

On Thursday night the Devil appeared before me in the form of two men.
1: She is gone. Forget about her. You are here and she is in college.
1: The time will come when you are in there too; you will stand at the balcony and lift one finger and you shall have whomever you will want.
1: Live life, enjoy, experiment!
1: Who knows if she is doing the same now?

The devil which spoke through my friend was signalling towards me: tear his face off! which was as always. The other guy spoke.

They stood up. They stood in front of my bed. I wanted to assume a stance against them. I stood up as well. I did not refute whatever they had said, as I did not know how.
2: Be strong if you want to get what you want. If you are weak, even women will eat you alive.
2: Live life, enjoy, experiment!
2: Face it, no one can beat temptation of this sort.
1: That's the way the world is now.
2: That is right.
1: You will do better not to be fettered in by your religious restrictions.
2: Why don't you stop being a Catholic?


A third guy, a Catholic also, came in.
2: You, tell him how havoc you are!
1: You are a sinner! You are not fit to be Catholic!
pause
3: Wah! I'll remember that... [he exits]


1: The best person to seduce are Christian women. Why, when you finally get them into your illegitimate clutches,
2: You have beaten Jesus!
1: Evil triumphs!


And so on and so forth as I waited for the storm to subside.
The second guy became slightly human again. He asked me,
2: Just asking, were you very repelled by what I have said?
Yes.
I confessed.
I thought he would pin me down there and then and break all 4 of my limbs. He didn't. Wouldn't mind if he did. But I would also have said more.

After the storm subsided I asked the onlookers, 2 of them huddled into a corner. I asked them what they thought.
Oh, we think it's all rubbish.
Why, then, did they not stand up against them?

This is what's called the silence of the lambs, I told another friend. He agreed. He did not look as if he would stand up against them, either.
But at least I know that I am not without friends. Alas, silent ones all the same.

I was more silent than I would have liked.
I do not believe that I am weak. I am strong inside.
If I should not use strengh tear my buddy's face out for what he has said, I will use it to defend.
I will defend what I believe in. I believe that the ways of the world can be resisted.
For myself at least, I will not succumb.
For this island shall sink beneath the deepest oceans, fire shall consume all life on earth, the stars of the universe shall darken, the laws of physics shall be annulled, and the universe itself shall disintegrate before my faith does the same.


-------

On Friday night we found ourselves engulfed in a sea of fire. This is not Hell, this is Opportunity! Give it all up! Give up the World! Give up your freedoms! Give up your hair! Rejoice! Purify! For Hell hath no fury like justice unleashed.