Sunday, May 31, 2009

Terminator Salvation

A rare instance of a blog entry featuring frank, unfettered, politically incorrect raving

There was a rare class gathering involving a heftier portion of 06s6E (not HCAEP batch 3, who so far has been gathering on weekdays to tekan the stay-in people) at Cineleisure. I had always regarded Cineleisure as some kind of prison, owing to its fetteringly-designed interior of winding passages and oddly-placed elevators, not mentioning the cubicles of glassy-eyed gamers in the upper stories and the delusional atmosphere thanks to neon lights. This feeling of repulsion is weaker now, for some strange reason.

I have never seen people like the girls and Gooi Khai Shin and Singhwa for exactly 9 months. I have, however, met up with Jedi quite often. And my sister got to know Lisheng and Zichun meanwhile. So it's still OK.

Not everyone was invited through calling. Excluding now those who're studying overseas, the remainder suspiciously rather neatly corresponds to the nerd quartet of Damien, Yixiong, Jedi and myself. This is not cool. I made a mental note of holding our own outing in the future which is now, of course, no longer mental. By the way, DOTA must fit in here somehwere!

I have to admit that I resented a shift in dress sense observed in an exclassmate but was too polite to point out to her. And I am still too polite to point out, even though it is now 12:23 AM. And I had better finish this before I turn impolite. So

We watched Terminator Salvation, starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington, who looked so much like Christian Bale I confused one for the other for the first 1/2 hour. (A bow to our class spirit, of course, because if I came alone I would have picked the movie with the cute Chinese vampireslaying ckick donning school uniform and pulling off Zhang Yimou special effects.) It was not a good film, but I enjoyed watching it for the sheer joy of discovery, namely of atrocious breaches of logic, physics, and military science.

Christian Bale is an idiot: how many choppers he must have crashed! And most glaringly detonated the nuclear energy thingimmabobs right when the chopper was flying over HQ Skynet! And the ammunition is like free, like they're still the United States Army! And the robots are harder to kill than zombies- well, not even molten metal would melt their metal. Hells bells, must be bloody kryptonite, or a metastable isotope of element 287, say I! Do have some more cake

There was also this racist and inflammatory scene of a resistance army angmoh kao-pehing the Chinese woman next to him: Shut up! Shut up! Can't you speak some English? Ach, would someone please bother to kick him in the face.

Dinner came mercifully as soon as possible afterwards. Guys of the table talked cock that night as virulently as my dad would do with a similar bunch of fellow Xiamen University alumni. Ohgods, what did we talk about? Well, what did we not? Ach, and the Xiao Long Bao has scarce lost its taste, many thanks be to God!

Took a bus home reading an exposition by Noam Chomsky entitled Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy, which I think is true reason behind my being so rude with the keyboard. Good night, America! Good night, United States Army! I sure hope you run out of ammunition pretty damn soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment